During the warmer seasons, most people like to go outside and enjoy their backyard. Mosquitos and ticks can take away from enjoying the warmer weather. Many use home methods like citronella candles and bug spray to try and deal with the problem, but it only deals with part of it. If mosquitos and ticks have already made a home in your yard, those solutions are only short-term. To best get rid of those backyard pests, trust the professional pest specialists to get the job done.
Local Mosquito and Tick Control That Works
Our local pest control experts will mist your yard to help reduce the number of both mosquitos and ticks. We will treat locations where ticks like to hide like to land like shrubs, trees, and grass. For mosquitos, we’ll also treat any water sources with larvicide to help eliminate the current population and prevent repopulation. Our solutions not only reduce the current population of mosquitos and ticks, but also prevent new ones from forming.
When you partner with us for mosquito and tick control, you can also expect:
- Multiple service plans to best fit your needs. We offer one-time-only or monthly services.
- Licensed pest control exterminators who complete ongoing training and are experts in their field.
- Eco-friendly products that are safe for you and even your pets.
- Excellent service that will get it right
- Optional Saturday services
Ways To Prevent Mosquitos
Keeping pests out is a team effort. Cooperating with our pest control specialists can help make our efforts even more effective. There are several things you can do on your own to help prevent mosquitos and ticks from taking up space in your backyard. Some great ways to prevent mosquitos and ticks are:
- Removing any standing water in your yard. Mosquitos use water to breed. In fact, they only need about a dime size pool of water to keep the local swarm going. Help reduce numbers by getting rid of any buckets or items that can retain water.
- Mowing the lawn regularly. Ticks like to hide in tall grass. Keeping the grass short will make them not want to be in your yard.
- Cleaning up any leaf piles or decaying logs. Mosquitos and ticks like to find shady places to hide in. Getting rid of sneaky hideaways can make your yard less appealing to mosquitos and ticks.
- Grow plants that naturally repel mosquitos. Some plants have smells that mosquitoes don’t like such as rosemary and citronella. Using plants as natural repellent is a great eco-friendly way to help prevent mosquitos.
Ways to Prevent Ticks
Ticks are a nuisance! They can carry diseases that cause illness and death, including Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, tularemia, and anaplasmosis. Ticks also transmit other pathogens such as viruses, bacteria, protozoa, and nematodes. So how do we prevent ticks from infesting our lawns and endangering our loved ones?
Well, outside of keeping your lawn cut short and preemptive spraying, there's no natural way to prevent ticks, but the good news is that if you can prevent them from attaching themselves to your body you've won half the battle!
Here are our top local tick control tips:
- Wear long sleeves and pants. I know that's not always possible in this hot and humid climate, but Ticks can only attach to the skin, so if you wear clothes that cover most of your body, they will not be able to find a place to attach.
- Use insect repellent with DEET or picaridin on exposed areas of the skin. These chemicals work by disrupting the tick's sense of smell.
Dealing with Ticks in the south is only something a southerner could properly understand, which is why you need a local tick control expert to protect your family and pets from these disease-infecting insects with proven local tick & mosquito Treatments for your beloved yard.
Protect Your Home Inside and Out With Bundled Services
What if while taking care of the pests on the outside of your home, you could also be covered for pest control inside as well? That’s why we offer our bundled services. Each bundle has incredible savings, so you can get more pest control for your buck. With our bundles, you can save money while also getting the pest control that you need. We offer two different bundled subscriptions to help meet your mosquito control needs. All of our services come with our 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Our two subscription bundles are:
- Mom Approves is our option with 8 services a year. It includes pest control as well as mosquito and tick control.
- Moms Finest is our option with 10 services a year. It includes pest control, termite control, mosquito control, and tick control.
Guaranteed Satisfaction, or We'll Come back
At TruNorth Pest Control, we believe in not cutting corners and doing things right the first time. We understand that when you partner with us for pest treatments, you are putting your trust in us. We take that very seriously, which is why our services are backed with our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. We’ll keep coming back until every issue is taken care of, and we’ll do it free of charge. We know dealing with pests can be stressful, which is why we aim to alleviate some of that stress with a service you can trust.